Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, June 30, 2023

QT 6/30/2023 Ezek 13:17-19, Wickedness in plain sight

Ezekiel 13:17–19 (ESV) —

17 “And you, son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people, who prophesy out of their own hearts. Prophesy against them 18 and say, Thus says the Lord God: Woe to the women who sew magic bands upon all wrists, and make veils for the heads of persons of every stature, in the hunt for souls! Will you hunt down souls belonging to my people and keep your own souls alive? 19 You have profaned me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, putting to death souls who should not die and keeping alive souls who should not live, by your lying to my people, who listen to lies.

 

NOTE: There are only 4 passages in the OT specifically critical of women. These women may have been prophetesses, but the description is closer to magic. They charged for their prophecies, and they told people what they wanted to hear. They did not tell people the consequences of their sin. They were a health and wealth gospel message that gave people a false hope and did not actually do any good in the lives of people spiritually.

 

In days of moral crisis there are always those who seek personal profit by establishing counterfeit ministries, who preach man-made systems instead of divine truth, proclaim peace instead of repentance, use materialistic methods, and set up idols in human hearts (14:1–11).1

 

Today, there are so many voices who have jumped on this lucrative band wagon. Recently, the Michigan legislature made it a felony to misuse a person's preferred pronouns. This is an example of evil men and women making money (election success) by preaching falsehoods. Our nation is literally packed with people who do not want to hear the truth, and prefer to hear lies. They are so blinded by their sins, that they truly believe in their lies.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I pray for God to search my own heart and reveal the lies I have believed?

 

PRAYER: Search me Oh God and know my heart. Try me and test my thoughts and see if there be any wicked way in me. And lead me in the way everlasting.

 

1 Cooper, L. E. (1994). Ezekiel (Vol. 17, p. 158). Broadman & Holman Publishers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment