Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

QT 6/6/2023 Ezek 2:8-3:3, The word is good, don't rebel

Ezekiel 2:8–3:3 (ESV) —

8 “But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. Be not rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you.” 9 And when I looked, behold, a hand was stretched out to me, and behold, a scroll of a book was in it. 10 And he spread it before me. And it had writing on the front and on the back, and there were written on it words of lamentation and mourning and woe.

1 And he said to me, “Son of man, eat whatever you find here. Eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.” 2 So I opened my mouth, and he gave me this scroll to eat. 3 And he said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly with this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it.” Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth as sweet as honey.

Ezekiel 3:14 (ESV) —

14 The Spirit lifted me up and took me away, and I went in bitterness in the heat of my spirit, the hand of the Lord being strong upon me.

 

NOTE: God's word is sweet as honey, but our nature rebels against it, causing bitterness in the spirit. God's word is clear concerning homosexuality; only two sexes; sexual relationships only within marriage; marriage only between a man and a woman; living together only under the banner of marriage; the existence of sin; the importance of shame; the destructiveness of pride; the value of work and the frustration caused by weeds (effect of sin); the importance and protection of roles; and God's creation of the world and us (even in the womb). Nearly all of these things are taught in the first few chapters of Genesis, the foundational book of the bible. And we have rebelled. As God said to Ezekiel, "BE NOT REBELLIOUS LIKE THAT REBELLIOUS HOUSE (emphasis mine)." If Israel was rebellious, then we as a people, and even to a degree the church, are even more so.

 

PONDER:

  1. Have I bought the lie the world is selling? The Kool-Aid is poison.
  2. Do I believe or accept these lies?
  3. Do I believe the world has more authority than the word of God?

 

PRAYER: Father, have mercy on us before it is too late. So many families, marriages, children, and individuals will be destroyed by these schemes of the evil one. Have mercy on us. Come, Lord Jesus, come.

No comments:

Post a Comment