Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, August 14, 2023

QT 8/14/2023 Ezek 27:1-25, Riches have blinded us like Tyre

Ezekiel 27:1–4 (ESV) —

1 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Now you, son of man, raise a lamentation over Tyre, 3 and say to Tyre, who dwells at the entrances to the sea, merchant of the peoples to many coastlands, thus says the Lord God:

“O Tyre, you have said,

‘I am perfect in beauty.’

4 Your borders are in the heart of the seas;

your builders made perfect your beauty.

 

NOTE: I'm not sure I ever knew how big Tyre became during 5th century BC. They were rich and traded with every country of the European, Western Asia, Middle East, and Northern Africa region. They made their money as the middleman. Even some of their cargo ships were commissioned from Tarshish. Babylon was the most incredible city of its time, but it made its riches from conquering other nations. Babylon was godless. But Tyre, they built their commercial empire without conquering anyone, all the trades were willingly made. But the downfall of riches is pride. And the downfall of war and godlessness is ultimately a bigger bully. As Cooper wrote, "Babylon is a byword for godless government, and Tyre is a byword for pride and self-sufficiency."

 

We are approaching a merger of Babylon and Tyre. We have both a godless government and a fat, prideful, and rich nation (who has no need for anyone else except to conquer, and make money for our weapon industries). All things come to an end. God was very angry with Israel because

 

Ezekiel 9:9–10 (ESV) — 9 Then he said to me, “The guilt of the house of Israel and Judah is exceedingly great. The land is full of blood, and the city full of injustice. For they say, ‘The Lord has forsaken the land, and the Lord does not see.’ 10 As for me, my eye will not spare, nor will I have pity; I will bring their deeds upon their heads.”

 

We have filled our land with the blood of our children sacrificed on the altar of abortion to give us financial freedom. We have filled the land with corruption where our legal system is based not on the crime or the law, but on the racial aspects or political views of the accused. God will not spare us or have pity. Soon our deeds will be upon our heads. Ezekiel cried out concerning his nation,

 

Ezek 9:8 And while they were striking, and I was left alone, I fell upon my face, and cried, “Ah, Lord God! Will you destroy all the remnant of Israel in the outpouring of your wrath on Jerusalem?”

 

Will you destroy all of America? Is there any hope? Is there still time to repent?

 

PONDER:

  1. Are we burdened for our nation?
  2. Do we pray for spiritual repentance and spiritual revival? Or have we taken a worldly view and look to political change as the answer? Hearts must be changed, not parties.

 

PRAYER: Father, I pray for my nation. Open our eyes to your truth. Help us to see the rot and destruction that is overcoming us. Wake us up. May we all repent of our sin and seek you again. And help me to be a witness to this generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment