Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, August 25, 2023

QT 8/25/2023 Ezek 32:9-11;15-16, Sin and rebellion are peaking, the days come to a close

Ezekiel 32:9-11;15-16 (ESV) —

9 “I will trouble the hearts of many peoples, when I bring your destruction among the nations, into the countries that you have not known. 10 I will make many peoples appalled at you, and the hair of their kings shall bristle with horror because of you, when I brandish my sword before them. They shall tremble every moment, every one for his own life, on the day of your downfall.

11 “For thus says the Lord God: The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon you.

15 When I make the land of Egypt desolate,

and when the land is desolate of all that fills it,

when I strike down all who dwell in it,

then they will know that I am the Lord.

16 This is a lamentation that shall be chanted; the daughters of the nations shall chant it; over Egypt, and over all her multitude, shall they chant it, declares the Lord God.”

 

NOTE: God says very clearly that Babylon, a wicked and evil nation, was the sword of the Lord. The result will be (and was) that God is Lord and people will sing this funeral dirge of Egypt. Why now? Israel's continued rebellion is understood, but Egypt and all the other nations have worshipped animals and the sun for years longer than Israel. Egypt was cruel to Israel in its latter days, even though God had told Israel not to trust in Egypt. The whole area is judged for sin that had been going on for a long time. Egypt also saw the work of the Lord in rescuing Israel but was unmoved.

 

Today, the world stands similarly. We are at a threshold. The gospel has covered nearly all people groups. Nations have seen the effect of the gospel, and most have turned away. The two nations who have seen the most impact, more than any other nation, are Great Britain and the United States. They are essentially pagan nations with only a form of faith but lacking any real power. They are self-absorbed and proud of their sin. Israel is back in the land but is more godless (atheistic) than at any point in their history. What is left before the end times? War consumes the Ukraine, Russia, and Syria. Gog, Magog, Put, and Persia are fighting in these places. There remains an attack on Israel and a coming together of the world under one government, and a peace treaty with Israel to commence the tribulation years. The rapture theoretically should be even closer.

 

PONDER:

  1. What are we doing differently knowing that the end days are rapidly approaching?
  2. Is our witness any different?
  3. Are our prayers any different?

 

PRAYER: Come Lord Jesus, come. Usher in the new kingdom and the new earth. I hope to see the rapture in my days. I pray to be faithful until the end. Forgive my hidden faults and my not-so-hidden faults. I want to show Jesus by my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment