Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

QT 8/8/2023 Ezek 25:8-11, We need to change where we put our trust

Ezekiel 25:8–11 (ESV) —

8 “Thus says the Lord God: Because Moab and Seir said, ‘Behold, the house of Judah is like all the other nations,’ 9 therefore I will lay open the flank of Moab from the cities, from its cities on its frontier, the glory of the country, Beth-jeshimoth, Baal-meon, and Kiriathaim. 10 I will give it along with the Ammonites to the people of the East as a possession, that the Ammonites may be remembered no more among the nations, 11 and I will execute judgments upon Moab. Then they will know that I am the Lord.

 

NOTE: Ammon and Moab are descended from Lot's daughters and the result of immoral unions. While the daughters were wrong, so was Lot in his decisions. Instead of choosing left or right, he went in a different direction. And instead of initially going to a city as the angels told him, he went to the mountains, only later to go to the city. Lot is an example of a stubborn person always determined to do his own thing. It reminds me of a very sad slogan I saw last week on a person's car "my life, my rules." In a nutshell, that is our culture today. But it is not our life, we are created by God for his glory. And it has never been our rules -- that was the cause of the expulsion from the garden of Eden when we decided that we did not want to obey God but wanted to be like God in making the rules. We are bringing upon ourselves the same judgment that Judah and all the nations around her experienced. We desperately need to repent, at a minimum individually and hopefully as a nation too.

 

PONDER:

  1. Where have I bought into the demonic philosophy of "my life, my rules?"

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to see my own sin and repent of it. Give me grace and mercy. The world, its things and actions are stealing my joy. Restore my peace and trust in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment