Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

QT 1/17/2024 Mark 13:28-31, It is so important to be a good witness in these days

Mark 13:28–31 (ESV) —

28 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

 

NOTE: According to these verses, we should know how to interpret the signs to determine that the season, summer, is near. So what are the signs? One, the gospel must be delivered to all the nations. There are only a handful of people groups who have not heard the gospel or have a translation in their language. Second, we will also see a widespread persecution of believers. I don’t see that as widespread or as bad as other times have been. But I do see an attitude that suggests it. Speaking against homosexuality or multiple sexes is heavily frowned upon, even people losing their jobs and livelihood for daring to oppose these ideas. Third, the abomination that causes desolation, will be a tribulation event. But a rebuilt temple may be possible sign. Fourth, reviewing other signs: world wars started 110 years ago; the nation of Israel was regathered in unbelief 70 years ago; there is certainly great anger in the world over the Jewish-Arab fighting, suggesting a peace treaty supported by the world and guaranteeing security is not far away; and lastly the church is far along in its apostasy. We are close.

 

PONDER:

  1. What can I do in the last days? I hope no one suggests hiding. This is the time for true believers to tell others of their hope in Jesus

 

PRAYER: Father, the days seem to be coming to a close, the climax of this stage of history. I pray we would be holy and obedient to you. I pray we would witness the love of Christ and not the anger of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment