Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, July 13, 2018

QT 13 Jul 18, John 14:1-3, We don't need to worry, we have a glorious promised future


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
11
John 14:1-11
7/13
John 14:1–3 (ESV) — 1 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
It is exciting to think that there is a place prepared for us and that Jesus is coming again to take us to our new home. Knowing a little of the inherent beauty of the earth, I cannot imagine how beautiful our new home will be. I know that it will be glorious. I know that life will have meaning and purpose. I know that we will finally reach what we were originally created, a relationship with the most high.
Father, the words of Jesus provide great comfort. Whatever pain this world throws at us, the future will be so much different. Whatever evil rules now, good will reign in the future. Evil has disguised itself as a greater good, but it is not. It does not provide the real life that you promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment