Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, July 16, 2018

QT 16 Jul 18, 1 Cor 6:2-3, We are to judge in the millennial kingdom -- what are we doing to get ready?


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
12
1 Cor 6:6-11
7/16
1 Corinthians 6:2–3 (ESV) — 2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!
Here is some insight into our role in the Millennial kingdom. This verse may even define what it means to rule, since to be a judge is to rule over people. I wonder if part of the seven years after the rapture will be a time where we are learning what it means to judge according to the Word of God. Otherwise, it does not seem like we would be good judges. We have so many misinformed opinions of scripture. I may not understand how it will all work out, but I am sure, God does.
Lord, help us to live NOW in such a way as to bring glory to your name and not shame. Help me to be an example of Christ-likeness to everyone around me. I don't know if I will serve in a leadership position or not, but I do want to portray Christ no matter the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment