Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, July 5, 2018

QT 5 Jul 18, Phil 2:19, A real Christian lives for others


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
10
Phil 2:19-30
7/5
Philippians 2:19 (ESV) —
19 I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, so that I too may be cheered by news of you.
Timothy and Epaphroditus were key men in Paul's ministry. Both were more concerned for others than they were concerned for their own lives. They were true disciples, not selfish religious zealots. There is a big difference. Jesus Christ changes a life from a self-centered man to an other-centered man. If you are not other-centered, maybe you have not been changed by Jesus.
Father, help us to see the example of these men and to follow it. Help us to live sacrificial lives that esteems others as more important than ourselves. Help us to live for the kingdom and not for our contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment