Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, July 27, 2018

QT 27 Jul 18, Rev 20:12-15, Being a part of the second resurrection is not a good thing


Revelation 20:12–15 (ESV) — 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

NOTE: I think what is not understood is that being judged for what you have done is a losing proposition. The bible says that there is no one who does good. All have turned aside. So being judged by your works is an automatic trip to the lake of fire because no one can meet God's standard. The only way to avoid this conclusion is to accept the gift of salvation that is offered in Jesus Christ. Accept his payment on the cross for my sins. Repent of my sins. And believe that he has paid my sins for all eternity. If a person believes, he is born again and escapes the second resurrection (he becomes part of the first). Otherwise, he will die again, but this time in a lake of fire.

PRAYER: Father thank you that 40 years ago, you opened my eyes to my sin and showed me the way out. Thank you for the new creature you created in me, starting at that point so many years ago. Thank you for all that you have taken me through to bring me where I am at today. Thank you and praise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment