Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, July 30, 2018

QT 30 Jul 18, Rev 21:1, Rest in God's wisdom and plan


Revelation 21:1 (ESV) — Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.

NOTE: I wonder why there is no longer a sea. It does not say that there is no longer lakes or water, but there is no sea. Seventy percent of the earth is sea, but the new earth will be different. And so will the stars. What does that mean? Will we be on a new planet? Will God recreate the entire universe? It says they passed away. Does that mean that God removed them or that it burn out in x billion years? It does not say. What do we learn from this new verse? God has the power to recreate the mess that we created in our x thousands of years of existence on the planet. God is infinitely powerful. God has a plan. God can do whatever he chooses. God is only limited where he chooses to be limited. I need to trust God in all things. That is hard. It is not his power that I must trust in, but his will and his plan. I need to have faith in that plan.

PRAYER: Father forgive me for my lack of faith so often. What I see as failures is you working your will for my life. It is hard because I can't see the final design. Help me to rest in your control.

No comments:

Post a Comment