Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

QT 10 Jul 19, 2 Chron 29:36 (29:20-36), Are we ready for when God moves suddenly?


2 Chronicles 29:36 (ESV) — And Hezekiah and all the people rejoiced because God had provided for the people, for the thing came about suddenly.

NOTE: This story (29:20-36) is a high point in Israel's history. It is a revival. It is a return to God in obedience. And it came about suddenly. Verse 34 suggests that the Levites were more prepared than the priests. And verse 34 says that it came from the heart. God's work can come about slowly and God's work can happen quite quickly. Are we prepared in our heart to respond? Or, might we miss out, like the priests? They were the supposedly more spiritual persons, but whether it was their arrogance or nonchalance, they missed out in participating in a major movement of God.  So how do we stay ready? We deal with sin. We confess sin. We immediately repent of sin. We seek God daily in his word. We listen to God from his word daily. We speak to God daily in prayer. We serve others. We share our faith. We obey the word (not just hear). Then we will be ready when God moves suddenly.

PRAYER: Father, I want to be ready for when you move suddenly. I pray my heart would be attuned to your Spirit to see it. I pray I would walk closely to you (listening, praying, serving, sharing, and obeying). And I repent of my sins against you. Keep me sensitive to my disobedience. May I never get dull to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment