Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, July 11, 2019

QT 11 Jul 19, 2 Chron 30:10-11 (30:1-27), Humility is so much more important than all the externals combined


2 Chronicles 30:10–11 (ESV) — 10 So the couriers went from city to city through the country of Ephraim and Manasseh, and as far as Zebulun, but they laughed them to scorn and mocked them. 11 However, some men of Asher, of Manasseh, and of Zebulun humbled themselves and came to Jerusalem.

NOTE: So, a lot of things were wrong, but a lot of things were right. The date was wrong, the length was wrong, even with the extra month, the priests were not ready. Not all the Levites were consecrated. The people came and were not consecrate, and not all the people showed or considered it important in the other tribes. But a couple of things were perfect: 1) Hezekiah's heart (vs 18-19), and 2) some of the men from three tribes who humbled themselves. Does God want sacrifices or humbled hearts? I believe he tells Isaiah that he is sick of their sacrifices (chapter 1). And to the prophet Micah, God makes it clear, it is not the letter of the law but the spirit of the law that counts. His requirement is not sacrifices, but justice, KINDNESS, and a person who walks humbly before his God.

PRAYER: Father, I fail so often in this area. Kindness and humility are not my natural strengths. I need your help to consider everyone important and worthy of great respect. And I need to be humble. I don't have all the answers. And even if I did, I could never be sure I was right. I need to be gently in my advice to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment