Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, July 15, 2019

QT 15 Jul 19, 2 Chron 32:7 (2 Chron 32:1-8), Work hard, but trust God


2 Chronicles 32:7 (ESV) — “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or dismayed before the king of Assyria and all the horde that is with him, for there are more with us than with him.

NOTE: Hezekiah made extensive changes to prepare for the king of Assyria. He rebuilt walls, towers, stopped brooks and springs, added a second surrounding wall, and accumulated a great amount of shields and weapons. He was prudent and took action. But his words to the troops and people show that his trust was not in all his preparation, but in God. And this statement was not intended to suggest that there were more people in Israel than in Assyria, but rather, that the Lord and the Lord's army greatly tilted the battle in their favor. So, we do the best we can, but we trust in God for the results, and not in the effort we put into our endeavor.

PRAYER: Father, help me to keep that attitude. I want to do the best I can in my job, but I want to trust you for the results always.

No comments:

Post a Comment