Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, July 25, 2019

QT 25 Jul 19, 2 Chron 34:27,30 (2 Chron 34:22-33), Obey truth -- share truth


2 Chronicles 34:27 (ESV) — because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before God when you heard his words against this place and its inhabitants, and you have humbled yourself before me and have torn your clothes and wept before me, I also have heard you, declares the Lord.
2 Chronicles 34:30 (ESV) — And the king went up to the house of the Lord, with all the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and the priests and the Levites, all the people both great and small. And he read in their hearing all the words of the Book of the Covenant that had been found in the house of the Lord.

NOTE: It wasn't good enough for Josiah to be heard and (by God) protected from the disaster that was to come, he wanted all the people to hear the word of God. There is a specific mention of the curses, so this does sound like the Book of Deuteronomy because of the long curses section in chapter 28. I imagine Josiah led off with 28 and then started again from the beginning of the book. Unlike some other kings who were only concerned with their own skin, Josiah shows tremendous spiritual maturity. He was rich. He was protected from disaster. He lived like a king, literally. But he was concerned for the people and their spiritual lives. I guess we could also say, he had a true Pastor's heart. He wanted everyone to know God's word and experience the fullness of walking with God wholly.

PRAYER: Father, I pray I would respond equally to your word. I pray I would humble my heart. I pray that I would care so much for the people I minister to that I would not hold back any of the truth of God's word. But that I would always share it with gentleness and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment