Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

QT 10/5/2022 Gal 5:22-26, Changing our life for good

Galatians 5:22–26 (ESV) —

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

 

NOTE: I never noticed the three groups of three.

 

  1. Love, joy, peace.
  2. Patience, kindness, goodness.
  3. Faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

 

The first group seems to reflect my relationship with God. The second, my relationship with others. The third group, my internal character, or my relationship with myself. The singular nature of the fruit of the spirit indicates that it comes whole from the Holy Spirit and it is the goal of the sanctification process in my life. God intends to produce the fruit described above in every believer, not some or part, but all of it.

 

We never arrive. We are never complete in this life. The Holy Spirit is working to produce all nine qualities. And there are no excuses. I can't say "I am just that way." Making a statement like that suggests that we do not believe God has the power to change me.

 

PONDER:

  1. Where have I give up? Where am I no longer growing? I need to repent and recommit that area of my life to the Holy Spirit, daily if needed.

 

PRAYER: Father, you know my failures. There is nothing I can hide from you. I admit my sins. I desire greatly to change. Continue to change me from the inside out, so that I am a witness of Jesus' life changing power to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment