Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, September 18, 2023

QT 9/18/2023 Ezek 39:25-29, People must learn that the rapture of the Church is coming

Ezekiel 39:25–29 (ESV) —

25 “Therefore thus says the Lord God: Now I will restore the fortunes of Jacob and have mercy on the whole house of Israel, and I will be jealous for my holy name. 26 They shall forget their shame and all the treachery they have practiced against me, when they dwell securely in their land with none to make them afraid, 27 when I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them from their enemies’ lands, and through them have vindicated my holiness in the sight of many nations. 28 Then they shall know that I am the Lord their God, because I sent them into exile among the nations and then assembled them into their own land. I will leave none of them remaining among the nations anymore. 29 And I will not hide my face anymore from them, when I pour out my Spirit upon the house of Israel, declares the Lord God.”

 

NOTE: I believe this verse has been happening in stages for the last 2500 years. They did return to the land. They did give up their sins that caused shame (at least for a time). God's name has received glory. Many have realized God's control over their lives. And God did pour out his Spirit on those who believed. And yet most has not been fulfilled completely: most have not returned; most have not believed and received the Spirit; and few live securely in the land. These remaining parts of the promise will not be fulfilled until the millennial kingdom. They will speed up as we get closer to the tribulation time.

 

The church age (Jew and Gentiles as one) is coming to a close. The church is resembling the church of apostasy, the Laodicean church. Truth and the major doctrinal beliefs are being cast aside by many. People prefer being rich and not needing anything, to needing the Lord. When the church age ends with the rapture, things will progress very quickly. We need people to know our hope in the rapture because it may save some.

 

PONDER:

  1. Am I willing to tell others that I believe a day is coming when God will snatch up only those who believe in Jesus to escape the coming wrath?

 

PRAYER: Father, I do not want to shrink back, but I want to be bold in telling my story and my hope. I pray that you would give me strength, boldness, and love for those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment