Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

QT 9/26/2023 Ezek 44:10-14, Finding my place in this new season

 

Ezekiel 44:10–14 (ESV) —

10 But the Levites who went far from me, going astray from me after their idols when Israel went astray, shall bear their punishment. 11 They shall be ministers in my sanctuary, having oversight at the gates of the temple and ministering in the temple. They shall slaughter the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before the people, to minister to them. 12 Because they ministered to them before their idols and became a stumbling block of iniquity to the house of Israel, therefore I have sworn concerning them, declares the Lord God, and they shall bear their punishment. 13 They shall not come near to me, to serve me as priest, nor come near any of my holy things and the things that are most holy, but they shall bear their shame and the abominations that they have committed. 14 Yet I will appoint them to keep charge of the temple, to do all its service and all that is to be done in it.

 

NOTE: Here are one of the consequences of disobedience, the Levites are restricted in their responsibilities in the millennial temple. They are graciously allowed to oversee and serve in some of the tasks, but not all of the tasks. They failed in life and that failure carries over into the millennial kingdom.

 

They do serve as a reminder of disobedience's results to others, and that is actually important, even if they were not individually directly at fault.

 

Again, who are we to question God's judgment or to decide what is fair or not fair? If we believe we have that right, then we do not understand our own salvation -- we do not truly understand grace, our unrighteousness, God's holiness, and our unworthiness. We don't deserve to stand in the millennial kingdom, but by belief in Jesus, we are overwhelmingly blessed with an eternal and abundant life.

 

PONDER:

  1. Life and its fruit has consequences and rewards. Do we recognize that how we live our life is supremely important to our Lord?

 

PRAYER: Father, thank you for my salvation. I know I sound like a broken record. These first few months of retirement have seemed like your message in getting repetitive -- how am I going to live for you in this new freedom of time? Help me to use it wisely. Help me to find my ministry. Help me to find my outreach.

No comments:

Post a Comment