Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, September 22, 2023

QT 9/22/2023 Ezek 43:6-9, Preparing for the millennial kingdom

Ezekiel 43:6–9 (ESV) —

6 While the man was standing beside me, I heard one speaking to me out of the temple, 7 and he said to me, “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the people of Israel forever. And the house of Israel shall no more defile my holy name, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoring and by the dead bodies of their kings at their high places, 8 by setting their threshold by my threshold and their doorposts beside my doorposts, with only a wall between me and them. They have defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed, so I have consumed them in my anger. 9 Now let them put away their whoring and the dead bodies of their kings far from me, and I will dwell in their midst forever.

 

NOTE: During the millennial kingdom, Jesus will dwell on earth. God the father's name and presence will once again fill the temple. And no longer will wicked men defile his sanctuary, because they will have new hearts. In the millennial kingdom, God's people will reign in various positions administering God's rule on earth. No longer will sin rule because we will have new bodies that no longer include the stain of sin. We will not be tempted to sin. It will not entice us. We will be like Adam and Eve before Satan tempted them. Life will be like God intended it, not like it has become.

 

PONDER:

  1. Even now, the life we live will have an impact on our role in the future. Do we love God? Then our life will show it.

 

PRAYER: Father, in my latter stage of life, I have no excuse for not giving you my time and my life. I do pray for mercy. I do pray that you would us my life for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment