Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

QT 9/27/2023 Ezek 44:28-31, Using these end days wisely

Ezekiel 44:28–31 (ESV) —

28 “This shall be their inheritance: I am their inheritance: and you shall give them no possession in Israel; I am their possession. 29 They shall eat the grain offering, the sin offering, and the guilt offering, and every devoted thing in Israel shall be theirs. 30 And the first of all the firstfruits of all kinds, and every offering of all kinds from all your offerings, shall belong to the priests. You shall also give to the priests the first of your dough, that a blessing may rest on your house. 31 The priests shall not eat of anything, whether bird or beast, that has died of itself or is torn by wild animals.

 

NOTE: It seems as if some OT commands will be reinstated. Things that applied to the High Priest or to Nazarites will now apply to all priests. In 44:23, God states the reason for some of the regulations that apply to the priests.

 

Ezekiel 44:23 (ESV) — They shall teach my people the difference between the holy and the common, and show them how to distinguish between the unclean and the clean.

 

Additionally, the Sabbath day (Saturday) will be reinstituted in the Millennium. People will die during the Millennium, but to die before 100 years will seem a curse (Isa 65:20). The offerings will belong to the priests. They will not have an inheritance in the land, but instead will be blessed by God.

 

I wonder if the Priests will be human, and not new creatures (like the redeemed). Our role will be in administration and also in judging, but apparently not in certain functions.

 

PONDER:

  1. What am I doing to prepare myself for my role in the Millennium? The best way is to be actively engaged in redeeming the lost and discipling the redeemed.

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to use my days wisely. It is great to have time to do the things I want, but I don't want to misuse these days either. Give me grace and mercy to do what is right and pleasing in your sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment