Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

QT 4/3/2024 Ps 86:14, Evil men are attacking the faith

Psalm 86:14 (ESV) —

14 O God, insolent men have risen up against me;

a band of ruthless men seeks my life,

and they do not set you before them.

 

NOTE: At the moment, this verse does NOT describe my life. But, it does describe my faith and my country. I realize that my true citizenship is in another country, a heavenly country, but for now, my visible country is led by insolent and ruthless men who seek to destroy all visages of faith. They mock you God and scorn you. They speak lies since they have no moral basis. They believe they are gods, powerful men with money and the ability to do whatever they want to anyone they want. There are no laws, but their own law twisted with their own lies. They believe they are above all others, the elite.

 

But they are not elite, but lowly worms because they do not understand the value of persons. They do not recognize that all are made in the image of God. They do not realize that they are insects before you God. They do not realize the terrible anguish they face in Hell for their sins. They promote sexual sins thereby entrapping others in Satan's control. They will face a terrible judgment in the days ahead.

 

In these days, we need to remember that God is still in ultimate control. Pain is the megaphone to the world that we need to repent of the rebellion that started in the garden and return to God's lordship over our life.

 

Isaiah 40:15 (ESV) — 15 Behold, the nations are like a drop from a bucket,

and are accounted as the dust on the scales;

behold, he takes up the coastlands like fine dust.

 

All I can say is what John said after seeing the future,

 

Revelation 22:17,20 (RSV) — 17 The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let him who hears say, “Come.” And let him who is thirsty come, let him who desires take the water of life without price.

. . .

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

 

PONDER:

  1. Have I fallen for the arguments (lies) of secular humanism that places man as god over his life?
  2. Have I ever repented of my rebellion from God, asked for forgiveness, and invited Jesus into my heart?

 

PRAYER: Father, things seem to grow worse every day. I know things have been worse, but there is such a perversity in the culture. There is a blindness too. We are the church of the apostasy. We know the truths but we don't live them out in our lives. Have mercy on us. May we open the door that you are knocking on and let you into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment