Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

QT 12 Nov 19, Mal 1:13, Do we really know the savior?


Malachi 1:13 (RSV) — ‘What a weariness this is,’ you say, and you sniff at me, says the Lord of hosts. You bring what has been taken by violence or is lame or sick, and this you bring as your offering! Shall I accept that from your hand? says the Lord.

NOTE: Wow, I guess people's non-verbal actions have not changed much over the years. I can visualize the "sniff" so clearly. We do it but we don't think it is worth our time or attention. The person says he is weary--how weary God must be! We still do this today. People "play" church. They do it out of some wrong sense of obligation or peer pressure or for others. There is no doubt in my mind that God is sick of it. That is why there will be many who will be cast out and who will say, "Lord, Lord, did we not do this and that for you?" And Jesus will answer, "Be gone, I do not even know you" (paraphrased). When the church is raptured, how many people who actually sit in the pews will be raptured? Most? More than half? Half? I wonder.

PRAYER: Father, I pray you would open the eyes of those who sit in the building called the church. I pray they might truly become part of the church, the body of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment