Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, November 18, 2019

QT 18 Nov 19, Mal 2:17, We have disgusted God


Malachi 2:17 (RSV) — 17 You have wearied the Lord with your words. Yet you say, “How have we wearied him?” By saying, “Every one who does evil is good in the sight of the Lord, and he delights in them.” Or by asking, “Where is the God of justice?”

NOTE: This is our great Christian nation of today. We have made evil good and good evil. We applaud those who defy God's word. We tell each other that if God exists, He is love and all will be saved. What a wicked and blind people we are! God is not wearied with our nation, God must be disgusted with our nation. A great and terrible judgment is coming upon our land. One does not have to be a prophet to say that or to realize the truth. We have sinned greatly against God. There is good, but for all of our good, we have allowed sin to creep into our lives as well. Many churches practice apostasy -- a renunciation of the very things God has communicated in His Word. Do we have any hope? Will be repent of our sin?

PRAYER: Father, forgive me for allowing the sin of the world to affect my thinking. Forgive me for my unkindness toward others. Forgive me for wicked thoughts. Open our eyes to see our true self. May the church still become a light to the dying in the midst of this wicked and corrupt generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment