Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, November 29, 2019

QT 29 Nov 19, 1 Pet 1:17-19, Living for Christ in a serious manner


1 Peter 1:17–19 (ESV) — 17 And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one’s deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, 18 knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.

NOTE: While the 'exiled' referred to Jewish believers spread throughout the Roman empire, in a real sense, we are also exiles, separated from our true heavenly home. We are to live our lives in fear, because we know that we were ransomed from our futile ways of our forefathers. Again, this is a Jewish reference, but we have inherited our sin from our forefathers too, our culture. And our ransom was at a terrible price, the precious blood of Jesus. Do I really live like this? Or am I nonchalant about my faith and what it cost the savior? I think I live far too relaxed in regard to my faith. I need to be more serious about the salvation that God has given to me.

PRAYER: Father, I don't want to take for granted your unbelievable salvation. I want to be very serious in my private life. I want to live lovingly in my public life. Forgive me for my failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment