Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, June 20, 2022

QT 6/20/2022 Psalm 7:8-9, Our nation needs repentance

Psalm 7:8–9 (ESV) — 8 The Lord judges the peoples; judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness and according to the integrity that is in me. 9 Oh, let the evil of the wicked come to an end, and may you establish the righteous— you who test the minds and hearts, O righteous God!

 

NOTE: I know wickedness is great and has been great in the past. Yet, it seems more widespread today because of our media and cultural pressure. And, unlike David, I'm not sure I could pray "judge me … according to my righteousness and … integrity." But, I can agree with David that the evil of wicked needs to come to an end. The destruction of marriage, the imposition of multiple sexes, and the glorification of sinful sexual practices, are destroying people and ruining lives. It is a fist raised up against God. There is no shame, in fact, we teach that people should not be ashamed of their sinful desires or pleasures. But it is wrong! And judgment is coming. The only question is "when, O Lord?" as opposed to "where is the Lord?" that the fools cry out.

 

PONDER:

  1. Is my heart torn by the sins of my people and my own sin?
  2. Have I been fooled by the world and accept its' sin as okay?

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to live differently. I want people to see Jesus in my life. The sin of my nation is wrong, gravely wrong. We are celebrating all the wrong things. Forgive us. We should be repenting of our sin. Forgive me for my weakness and sin. Transform the church. Clean it out. We need to live for Jesus and not this world of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment