Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

QT 6/29/2022 Ps 11:1-3, Our rebellion is having tremendous costs

Psalm 11:1–3 (ESV) — 1 In the Lord I take refuge; how can you say to my soul, “Flee like a bird to your mountain, 2 for behold, the wicked bend the bow; they have fitted their arrow to the string to shoot in the dark at the upright in heart; 3 if the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?”

 

NOTE: I've read this Psalm many times. I feel as if Satan is shooting arrows in the dark to see what he hits. The world follows his lead, although they seem a little more targeted at times. Ultimately, our culture is destroying its foundations. We restored one piece a few days ago by affirming the sanctity of life, but we really didn't -- we just moved the issue to state level. We are destroying our children by confusing them with sexual identity and sexual activity. The human emotional costs are tremendous and addiction and mental health problems will continue to grow. We no longer marry without living together first, destroying the foundation of marriage and a life-time commitment. And the enemy continues to shoot arrows at Christianity and the bible, because they hold the answers to life. Where is God the world asks? He is right where we left him when we rebelled against his rule, and he is waiting for us to repent of our sin and return to him.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I stand up against our evil culture?
  2. Have I acquiesced to sin?

 

PRAYER: Father, forgive my nation for its rebellion and its wickedness. Please convict us of our sin, of your righteousness, and of the coming judgment. May our lives be so different that we draw people to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment