Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

QT 6/7/2022 Psalm 2:1-6, Knowing God will cure the rage

Psalm 2:1–6 (ESV) — 1 Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying, 3 “Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.” 4 He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision. 5 Then he will speak to them in his wrath, and terrify them in his fury, saying, 6 “As for me, I have set my King on Zion, my holy hill.”

 

NOTE: Why do the nations rage? Why do the peoples plot? Because we are still in rebellion. We did rebel in the garden, and we continue to rebel against God's call to return. "Repent and believe," God has said repeatedly. He desires for us to return to him. He is still sovereign although he has given some control to his creatures. Why do we so want to be apart from God? Why do we love our sin so much? Why are we so foolish? The rich evil men of this world can spend fortunes on destroying every visage of God, but they can't rid of the earth of God. It is hard to kick against the goads. We were created by him for purpose. We will never enjoy life until we find our real purpose. Life will only hurt until we repent, return, and believe in the Son. The degree of our rage is the degree to which we do not know the savior. Even the believer needs to grow in knowledge of the savior. Peace comes with knowing Him.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I really know my God?
  2. Is my life full of rage, whining, anger, and disappointment? Maybe I do not know God.

 

PRAYER: Father, thank  you that you give peace to your children. The degree to which we spend time with you is the degree to which our lives are changed to be like you. And with transformation, comes peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment