Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, June 27, 2022

QT 6/27/2022 Ps 10:3-7, Examining the evidence

Psalm 10:3–7 (ESV) — 3 For the wicked boasts of the desires of his soul, and the one greedy for gain curses and renounces the Lord. 4 In the pride of his face the wicked does not seek him; all his thoughts are, “There is no God.” 5 His ways prosper at all times; your judgments are on high, out of his sight; as for all his foes, he puffs at them. 6 He says in his heart, “I shall not be moved; throughout all generations I shall not meet adversity.” 7 His mouth is filled with cursing and deceit and oppression; under his tongue are mischief and iniquity.

 

NOTE: It is an amazing thing, how blind pride can make us. We come up with reasons why there is no God without truly examining the evidence because we don't want to believe in God. We don't want to obey his commands. We don't want to call him Lord. So, we latch on to something, like, "he has given me no evidence to believe in him" while ignoring his visitation on earth (Jesus) and his resurrection from the dead. We point to all the evil in the world as evidence, but he created the world without any evil and we chose to be our own gods by rebelling against his commands. The evil in the world is the reminder that we rebelled against him and the only peace will be when we return. God sees the evil and the naysayer, and he will judge both. He will establish the long sought kingdom of justice, and peace will finally rule on earth. The day is coming. We are fools if we do not examine the evidence.

 

PONDER:

  1. Where do I stand? Am I a naysayer too?

 

PRAYER: Father, thank you for the truth that you have revealed to me. Thank you for the change in my heart. Thank you for the peace that you have given to me in the midst of a crooked and broken world. Help me to stand up as a light and a voice for you in this amazingly dysfunctional world trying to find all answers but you.

No comments:

Post a Comment