Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

QT 6/8/2022 Psalm 2:7-12, Submitting to Jesus' Lordship

Psalm 2:7–12 (ESV) — 7 I will tell of the decree: The Lord said to me, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you. 8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession. 9 You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.” 10 Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth. 11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

 

NOTE: This is why the nations rage and the people plot -- they do not want to kiss the Son. The phrase is used as in 'submission to his Lordship.' Jesus has already received rod of iron.

 

Revelation 2:27 (ESV) — 27 and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, even as I myself have received authority from my Father.

 

The day is coming and the scoffers need beware. "When is his day of coming?" is the question of the fool. The proof is in the resurrection and the many eyewitness accounts and eyewitnesses who went to their death rather than deny the truth of the resurrection. I'm not talking second generation martyrs -- Lord knows Islam owns that market -- I'm pointing to the first generation eyewitnesses, and Christianity owns that market completely. No one who knew Mohammed died for him, unless they were attacking trade caravans for profit and got killed in the process. But all the men and women who knew Jesus were willing to face death than deny the resurrection. The accounts are recorded in multiple books of the New Testament by eyewitnesses. The resurrection story is exactly as one might expect eyewitnesses to recount an event. It is not exact, but it is exact enough to piece together the events. It does not contradict itself to the honest investigator. Examine the truth and submit (kiss the Son) before it is too late.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I truly believe or am I a scoffer at heart?

 

PRAYER: Father, the evil one attacks us often and would weaken our faith. He uses the world to attack our beliefs. We need to remain strong and trust your word. We need to question the so-called settled science of the worldview. The enemy has blinded so many. Keep our minds free and open to truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment