Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, March 14, 2024

QT 3/14/2024 Ps 51:7-10, Becoming like Jesus

Psalm 51:7–10 (ESV) —

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;

wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

8 Let me hear joy and gladness;

let the bones that you have broken rejoice.

9 Hide your face from my sins,

and blot out all my iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,

and renew a right spirit within me.

 

NOTE: Sin tears at our soul. It is impossible to live sinless in a sin-marred flesh and in a sin-marred world. Repentance is our relief and restoration. And sanctification transforms us degree by degree into stronger men and women of God. But the transformation requires three steps. One: transformation does not occur unless we have the Holy Spirit (given when we believe). Two: transformation does not occur until we give ourselves over to God's rule and allow the Holy Spirit to fill us. Three: Transformation does not occur unless we are daily and regularly taking the word of God into our soul. Only the word of God has the power to transform our heart and mind. Most people, who call themselves Christians do not daily meet with God in his word, and their lives do not change appreciably. I wonder if they are even true Christians. If we are truly serious about knowing God and changing, we will make reading his word the top priority of our life.

 

PONDER:

  1. How many days a week do I spend in God's word?
  2. How much time each day do I spend in God's word?
  3. What is the evidence of transformation in my life? Does anyone notice?

 

PRAYER: Father, continue the work of transforming me. I don't want to be a fake or phony. I want to obey you completely in my spirit. I want to become more and more like Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment