Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, March 18, 2024

QT 3/18/2024 Ps 56:1-4, Our only hope is that which we are running away from

Psalm 56:1–4 (ESV) —

1 Be gracious to me, O God, for man tramples on me;

all day long an attacker oppresses me;

2 my enemies trample on me all day long,

for many attack me proudly.

3 When I am afraid,

I put my trust in you.

4 In God, whose word I praise,

in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.

What can flesh do to me?

 

NOTE: The phrase " … in God I trust; I shall not be afraid" is what stands out to me this morning. I don't (yet) have enemies seeking to trample me or all day oppressing me. In today's day and age, that could certainly happen. The constitution's emphases on freedom of religion hardly helps when liberal scholars believe it can be interpreted according the mores of the current time. But what doesn't change, is God. He is still there. He sits above all the nations. They are but a drop in the bucket. He laughs at our feeble attempts to unseat him. I believe He cries at their (the world's) acceptance of ideas that only hurt and kill children, the poor, woman, and people in general. Redefining marriage or gender is a pathway to destruction. Eliminating work is not good. Exalting sexual immorality destroys our own souls. Yes, the worldview attacks me, and maybe soon, the purveyors of the worldview will come after me too. But, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can the world really do to me?

 

PONDER:

  1. We live in a broken society. Do we see it?
  2. What am I placing my hope in, … technology, philosophy, self? It is all empty.

 

PRAYER: Father, I pray that true Christians would have courage to stand up for your truth and not shrink back. The only help for this world is to know you and to live according to your standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment