Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, March 25, 2024

QT 3/25/2024 Ps 67:4-5, How will God judge us?

Psalm 67:4–5 (ESV) —

4 Let the nations be glad and sing for joy,

for you judge the peoples with equity

and guide the nations upon earth. Selah

5 Let the peoples praise you, O God;

let all the peoples praise you!

 

NOTE: This word, equity, seems to have taken on its own meaning today. The word appears 14 times in the RSV, but is translated much differently in the Amplified and NIV84. The ESV follows the RSV in 10 of the verses. The root of the word, ysr, means level place, uprightness. The Hebrew word here, miyshor, is translated in the KJV as plain 15 times, equity twice, straight twice, even place once, and so on. It does not mean equal outcomes unless the people had equal conduct. It is probably where we get the phrase, a level playing field, as opposed to people receiving equal outcomes independent of their actions. God is the perfect judge, and God is a righteous judge. We will be judged according our works, everyone. And we will be redeemed according to our faith, everyone. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." Yes, Christianity is exclusive. God cannot be perfect and accept every religion since their ideas about God contradict each other. Either Jesus is the Son of God, as he claimed, and everything he said is true. Or he is not, and then nothing he said can be true, and Christianity must be excluded as a way to God.

 

I believe that God in his plain justice has made himself known through the bible and through the person of Jesus Christ. Our life balance now sits on our decision. What will we do with Jesus?

 

PONDER:

  1. Have I determined in my own mind if Jesus is who he said he is, the Son of God, or a liar, or a lunatic? And why?
  2. Have I acted on my knowledge or am I still wavering? Commit or don't commit, the days are short and end without our knowing.

 

PRAYER: Father, I believe in Jesus and his words. I have put my faith in him for my salvation. I have experienced a changed life, a new creation (2 Cor 5:17). I have seen you work miracles in my life. It has not always been easy, but I have seen your hand in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment