Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, March 15, 2024

QT 3/15/2024 Ps 54:1-7, Where are my enemies?

Psalm 54:1–7 (ESV) —

1 O God, save me by your name,

and vindicate me by your might.

2 O God, hear my prayer;

give ear to the words of my mouth.

3 For strangers have risen against me;

ruthless men seek my life;

they do not set God before themselves. Selah

4 Behold, God is my helper;

the Lord is the upholder of my life.

5 He will return the evil to my enemies;

in your faithfulness put an end to them.

6 With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to you;

I will give thanks to your name, O Lord, for it is good.

7 For he has delivered me from every trouble,

and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies.

 

NOTE: I really haven't had many enemies in life. Certainly there have been people who do not like by beliefs, but they have been peaceable. I have disagreed with people on algorithmic approaches to problems, even philosophical understanding of equations. I would not call those interactions friendly, but they were not my enemies. I think my enemies would be people who really don't know me and make assumptions about me. I have had people who have discredited me in order to reduce the threat to their career. But I can't say I have thought much on those situations. I can't really think of anyone I hold a grudge against because of something they have done to me. Maybe I forget too easily. My enemy is my flesh and the worldly system that the Satan has set up to fight against me. That battle is every day. All I can do, is to pick myself up after each battle, and prepare for the next. Sometimes I am successful in doing the right thing, often times not. I believe that God is my judge. And he will bring justice to a world awash in evil and injustice. This world even uses the moniker of justice to spread injustice. Everything is upside down. All I can say is, come Lord Jesus, come.

 

PONDER:

  1. Are my lack of enemies because I have compromised myself so much to the world that I do not cause conflict?
  2. Are my lack of enemies because I treat those who disagree with gentleness and respect?

 

PRAYER: Father, I want to be a light and to stand up for truth, even when it is not appreciated. I want to do it with gentleness and respect. But I do not want to shrink back just to avoid conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment