Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, March 28, 2024

QT 3/28/2024 Ps 81:11-16, Listen! The megaphone is calling

Psalm 81:11–16 (ESV) —

11 “But my people did not listen to my voice;

Israel would not submit to me.

12 So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts,

to follow their own counsels.

13 Oh, that my people would listen to me,

that Israel would walk in my ways!

14 I would soon subdue their enemies

and turn my hand against their foes.

15 Those who hate the Lord would cringe toward him,

and their fate would last forever.

16 But he would feed you with the finest of the wheat,

and with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”

 

NOTE: This is a common theme lately in my quiet times, and the idea (or principle) goes back to the garden of Eden. The idea is this, when we disobey, God gives us over to our will to show us our own stupidity. Even though He has a much better plan, we refuse to obey, and consequently He allows us to be our own god (so to speak) and experience the effects of our rebellion. C.S. Lewis once said, "(pain) is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world." It is even more important today. I believe (admittedly as many saints over the centuries have also) that God's judgment is soon and within my lifetime. But then it is too late for many, and quite painful for those who will attempt to live through the tribulation period. As the writer in Hebrews wrote,

 

Hebrews 3:15 (ESV) — 15 As it is said, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”

 

PONDER:

  1. Is God calling to me?
  2. Do I hear his megaphone?

 

PRAYER: Father, I pray for us to hear your call to repentance and to faith in Jesus. Help us to listen and turn from our sin and turn to you for the real answers to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment