Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

QT 3/27/2024 Ps 77:11-15, Seeing God's hand despite our feeble attempt to be god

Psalm 77:11–15 (ESV) —

11 I will remember the deeds of the Lord;

yes, I will remember your wonders of old.

12 I will ponder all your work,

and meditate on your mighty deeds.

13 Your way, O God, is holy.

What god is great like our God?

14 You are the God who works wonders;

you have made known your might among the peoples.

15 You with your arm redeemed your people,

the children of Jacob and Joseph. Selah

 

NOTE: I suppose I am not a cessation-ist. Most major miracles in the bible occurred during key periods of time to put God's stamp on a work that he was doing. But there are less frequent miracles all throughout history. I've seen your miracles in my life. I can't deny your hand of intervention over and over again. You don't make life perfect because no one would attribute it to you. They would completely ignore you. Besides, we were the ones that wanted to be our own gods. Why should we be so surprised at our lack of power to make life what we want it to be? Someday soon, life will change. You will be God, not us. And we will experience the freedom of living in a land of perfect justice. Our fears will be gone -- there will be no more sorrows. I look forward to that day of your reign, and the ending of man's reign.

 

PONDER:

  1. Am I still trying to make life work for me?
  2. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again without any change in the outcome. Maybe it is time to try something different?

 

PRAYER: Father, thank you for the opportunity to share my faith yesterday. Thank you for using my background and experience to give me a platform for the gospel. Help me to continue to see those opportunities each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment