Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

QT 5/28/2024 2 Tim 2:11-13, The importance of living for God

2 Timothy 2:11–13 (ESV) — 11 The saying is trustworthy, for:

If we have died with him, we will also live with him;

12 if we endure, we will also reign with him;

if we deny him, he also will deny us;

13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful—

for he cannot deny himself.

 

NOTE: Jesus will never renege on his promise to save us. But some born-again Christians do deny Jesus even after confessing his name. They won't reign with him in the millennial kingdom. They will be saved but they will miss out in some way. Actions have consequences. The issue is not fairness, if it was fairness, no one would ever receive eternal life. The issue is that for those who believed in Christ for their salvation (were born again) there is an expectation that we continue in Christ, no longer living for the world but for Jesus. Failure to appreciate the great cost of salvation for us has consequences. I don't know what they look like or how they feel, especially in the millennial age, but I know God will reward the faithful.

 

PONDER:

  1. Who am I really living for, myself or Jesus?
  2. How much is God's word a part of my life? Do I read it daily? Do I memorize it? Do I meditate on the promises? Or do I completely forget his word during the week?

 

PRAYER: Father, I thank you for your word which changes me and is making me into a different person. Continue to expose my sin to me. Continue to change me to become more like Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment