Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

QT 15 Jul 2020, Hos 2:5-6, We are all whores when it comes to our spiritual relationships


Hosea 2:5–6 (ESV) —
5 For their mother has played the whore;
she who conceived them has acted shamefully.
For she said, ‘I will go after my lovers,
who give me my bread and my water,
my wool and my flax, my oil and my drink.’
6 Therefore I will hedge up her way with thorns,
and I will build a wall against her,
so that she cannot find her paths.

NOTE: For many, it is easy to throw this back on Gomer. She made woefully bad choices and suffers the consequences of her sin. But this really is not about Gomer and it is very applicable to us. Gomer chose the things of this world instead of what was right. Gomer went away from the relationship with her husband and pursued other interests. Don't we see? This is what we do when we don't pursue a relationship with God but chase after the things of the world to provide us with comfort. We don't meet with God regularly. We don't pray. We don't make him a priority. We don't apply the scriptures specifically to our lives. We love the world more than we love God. We are the same whores as Gomer, just our whoredom is seemingly more acceptable, at least in the world's eyes.

PRAYER: Father, open our eyes and help us to see our own sin. We want to be like Jesus. We want to show the same degree of love for others. We want to put you first in our day. We don't want our love for you to be supplanted by the creation. Forgive us I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment