Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

QT 28 Jul 2020, Hos 5:15, A day of wrath is coming upon the world


Hosea 5:15 (ESV) — 15 I will return again to my place,
until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face,
and in their distress earnestly seek me.

NOTE: There is a time still coming, at the very end of the 7-year tribulation period where Israel will acknowledge her sin and call on the name of Jesus. And He will come in his glory and with the church, and he will slay the enemies of Israel and rescue her. And she, once again, will be restored to the land and  to the blessings God has promised her. We have a promise that we will not have to live through that wrath to come. We, who have believed in the Lord Jesus, will be rescued from that awful time period. We will be raptured. We will go to the place Jesus has prepared to wait for the end of the tribulation. And then we will serve Jesus during his millennial reign on earth.

PRAYER: Father, in the midst of this mess on the earth, I do look forward to that day. I think it will be much different than even "politicized-Christians" can understand. We worry about the wrong things. We are weighted down in rebellion and selfishness. We have a lot of growing still needed. I wonder how that change will occur. I pray for your mercy. We need your mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment