Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, July 9, 2020

QT 9 Jul 2020, 2 Tim 1:12b-14, In the midst (fill in the blank), He is still there


2 Timothy 1:12b–14 (ESV) — 12b …. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that day what has been entrusted to me. 13 Follow the pattern of the sound words that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 14 By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you.

NOTE: There is a lot I don't understand, like, why God chose me or how God overlooks me and sees Christ in me. But I do know that Jesus has changed my life immeasurably. I am different man today and will be a different man tomorrow -- I will continue to grow and change. I know I have a future hope. I know he is coming back. I know I have a place in heaven. And incredibly, I know I am loved. Maybe that is the lesson of these days, no matter how insecure the world, no matter how lost -- my savior loves me completely. I can rest secure no matter what happens. All the pain does not measure up to the peace and security and future we have in Christ.

PRAYER: Thank you Jesus for loving me. Thank you for changing me. Thank you that you remain the same no matter how much the world is in upheaval. I pray I would not be ashamed to share my security in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment