Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, July 16, 2020

QT 16 Jul 2020, Hos 2:7-9, Seeking God the right way


Hosea 2:7–9 (ESV) —
7 She shall pursue her lovers
but not overtake them,
and she shall seek them
but shall not find them.
Then she shall say,
‘I will go and return to my first husband,
for it was better for me then than now.’
8 And she did not know
that it was I who gave her
the grain, the wine, and the oil,
and who lavished on her silver and gold,
which they used for Baal.
9 Therefore I will take back
my grain in its time,
and my wine in its season,
and I will take away my wool and my flax,
which were to cover her nakedness.

NOTE: At some point Gomer realizes her foolishness, but her calculations are always centered around self. When one relationship does not work, she simply turns to another (going back to her husband), not because it is the right thing to do but  because it might work better. Ultimately she never understands where life and blessing originate and she never understands where judgment originates. We seek God not because of the things we get or even that it is the "moral" thing to do. We seek God because we were created for him; we are commanded to seek him; and he alone knows what is for our best. We have to give up looking for our "best." We have to stop trying to manipulate life so that we are happy. We need to seek God in faith that His will is best, whatever it might look like to our temporal eyesight.

PRAYER: Father, I want to seek you for your sake. Forgive me for wanting things because I have a relationship with you. I thank you for your gifts, but I want to seek you as my creator, Father, King, and Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment