Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, September 20, 2024

QT 9/20/2024 1 Cor 4:16, Imitate me?!

1 Corinthians 4:16 (ESV) —

16 I urge you, then, be imitators of me.

 

NOTE: Can I say that to the men I disciple? Actually, I should be able to say that and if I cannot then I have some serious choices to make. The choices revolve around the questions, who or what am I living for? And, what is my definition of success? Is it money or pleasure or laziness?

 

What does the person look like that I would want to imitate? It is a serious person with a good sense of humor. It is a humble person who listens but is actually very wise. It is a kind and gentle person who cares about others. It is a person who is always concerned with presenting a good witness to others in the hope of an opportunity to share their faith.

 

There is probably more I could add, but to do those would be enough.

 

PONDER:

  1. Is my life such that I can ask men to be an imitator of me?
  2. If not, what do I need to change?

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to see those hidden blind areas in myself that do not represent Jesus to others. Help me to balance the new demands on my life with my desire for a witness and to minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment