Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, October 11, 2019

QT 11 Oct 19, 2 Thess 3:2, Every church (not the body) has unbelievers as members


2 Thessalonians 3:2 (RSV) — and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men; for not all have faith.

NOTE: There are unbelievers and then there are unbelievers. What I mean is that some oppose the gospel because they stand against the entire message of Jesus Christ; and there are others who oppose the spread of the gospel and yet call themselves believers in Jesus Christ. We see them in the church quite often. They are more concerned about facilities and performances and good programs than reaching out to the masses, especially when the masses are lower class or dirty or different. I'm not sure these people are really believers since they not interested in others knowing the Lord Jesus. They are just religious, and "just religious" really means an unbeliever in biblical terms. They do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; they have not been changed or indwelt by the Holy Spirit; and they have no desire to believe everything that the word of God teaches. They are the birds which sit in the large tree stealing the seed lest it germinate in the heart of a new believer.

PRAYER: Father, I want you to give me a heart for others. I desire to see you use my life for the spread of the gospel. I want to be obedient to your word in all that I do. Forgive me for my petty sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment