Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, October 21, 2019

QT 21 Oct 19, Phil 1:24-25, What is my ministry and am I fully engaged?


Philippians 1:24–25 (RSV) — 24 But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith,

NOTE: Paul was convinced that it was not his time to go to heaven, because he was needed here on earth. Which is not to say that someone is indispensable to God. Paul was not. God could have found a replacement. But Paul realized that God was using him and was planning on using him more. It is nice to be needed and it is even better when you are needed for the good of all. I wonder if I am needed? It is a good question for all of us to ponder. What is our ministry? Are we engaged in ministry? Are we giving God one hundred percent or enough to get by? Only full commitment is sufficient. God does not need half-hearted servants. I desire to be needed.

PRAYER: Father help me to see the opportunities you put before me for ministry. I pray that I would be fully engaged. I pray I would be whole-hearted. I pray that I would not shrink back.

No comments:

Post a Comment