Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

QT 22 Oct 19, Phil 1:29-30, Stand up for truth


Philippians 1:29–30 (RSV) — 29 For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, 30 engaged in the same conflict which you saw and now hear to be mine.

NOTE: I don't suffer like Paul or other first century believers. Yes, my views are marginalized. Yes, my opportunities are limited due to my close-minded thinking. Yes, people may laugh at me behind my back, and even at times, ridicule my ideas publicly. All these things hurt, but they are not suffering. I don't wish to experience suffering, but my point is that I do not want to live in a way to avoid it. It is possible to avoid it. But, I want to be honest and bold with my faith. While the majority may disagree with me, I am not alone. I'm not even sure the majority in churches agree with me. I believe we are undergoing an apostasy in the church today. Apostasy is when believers reject God's word for a worldview opposed to God. But those of us who still believe that the entire bible is the word of God, we need to be unified.

PRAYER: Father, help the true Church to stand up against the wickedness in the world. Give us boldness and courage to say what others do not want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment