Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, October 28, 2019

QT 28 Oct 19, Phil 2:20-21, True leaders are genuinely anxious for their team


Philippians 2:20–21 (RSV) — 20 I have no one like him, who will be genuinely anxious for your welfare. 21 They all look after their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.

NOTE: I believe that this is the key to leadership, a genuine concern for the welfare of your team. A leader who is looking after his interests is not serving as a Christian leader because the welfare of the team is the  interest of Jesus Christ, our Lord. Looking deeper, the words welfare and interests are not there in the Greek, at least from what I can tell. They are implied. Instead the words yours and themselves are in the Greek. The emphasis is on leaders who are only concerned for themselves as opposed to yours, or the things that are important to you. Paul had no one like Timothy in that regard. He cared about people. This has also been a passion of mine since I took my first job as a leader -- when I was appointed a squadron commander. I am called to love the people who work for me. I need to care for them and to protect them like my own family.

PRAYER: Father, help me to know how I can care for and to protect the people on my team. I want to help them grow as persons. I wish that they could see the love of Jesus Christ in my life. Let me be your light in a dark world.

No comments:

Post a Comment