Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Sunday, October 6, 2019

QT 6 Oct 19, Isa 53:7, People need to know our faith more than our petty accomplishments


Isaiah 53:7 (RSV) —
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth;
like a lamb that is led to the slaughter,
and like a sheep that before its shearers is dumb,
so he opened not his mouth.

NOTE: Jesus committed no crime. His motives were entirely pure. He was not selfish. He did not think of himself higher than others. He loved people. Of all people to be oppress or afflicted, he was not guilty of anything except working to free mankind from the slavery of sin. He died an innocent man and also a guilty man, because he carried the sin of every person who ever lived. In contrast, my hackles are raised by those who speak against me. What's worse is that sometimes they are right. I am a sinner. My motives are not pure. I do think of myself more than I ought. I do not love all people. If Jesus could take the abuse, I should as well.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to keep my mouth shut. If people misinterpret my actions, so be it. I do not need for people to know my accomplishments or my background. What people need to know is that I have a faith in Jesus. That is what should define me to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment