Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

QT 30 Oct 19, Phil 3:11, Experiencing the rapture


Philippians 3:11 (RSV) — … that if possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

NOTE: The resurrection from the dead is a promise in scripture. All believers in Christ who have died are guaranteed a resurrection from the dead. Part of the difficulty with this passage is that the translation here is probably not the best. Paul creates a word "out-resurrection" which is not used in any other place. There are many explanations for "out-resurrection" and I think he refers to the resurrection while one lives, or the rapture. I don't think he feared death and maybe he wanted to die to experience everything the savior experienced. But I think he wanted to see Christ returning to rapture the saints. It is a resurrection out of the body, which is dead because of a sin, into a new glorified body. Only believers alive at Jesus' coming will experience a resurrection from their body into a new glorified body. Believers who have died, will be resurrected from the grave into a new glorified body. And technically, since their dead bodies are decayed, their spirits will be combined with new bodies at the rapture.

PRAYER: Father, it is so hard to imagine life in a glorified body. I am so used to dealing with my sinful nature on a daily basis. I look forward to that day when you will rescue me from this body. I hope to see it and to experience the rapture, because I wish to see justice finally come.

No comments:

Post a Comment