Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, October 4, 2019

QT 4 Oct 19, 2 Thess 1:11, Following through on good desires


2 Thessalonians 1:11 (RSV) — To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his call, and may fulfil every good resolve and work of faith by his power,

NOTE: Paul prays that they "may fulfil every good resolve … by his power, …" A good resolve seems to be a desire on our heart that is a good thing and that God himself may have placed there. We have those things, but we don't always act on them. They are a desire that doesn't have any negative or questionable aspects, but for some reason, we just don't get around to it. We know it would be a good thing, especially in our relationship with God or for the sake of the kingdom, but we just keep putting it off. And so Paul prays that they would follow through on those good things.

PRAYER: Father, I can think of one or two of those things that are on my heart but I just keep finding myself too busy. Give me the ability to set aside the time to make them happen. I was able to do one of those things this trip, but I need to follow through much more quickly than I have in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment