Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, June 10, 2024

QT 6/10/2024 2 Tim 4:6-8, Longing for Jesus' return

2 Timothy 4:6–8 (ESV) — 6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

 

NOTE: Maybe I will get one crown, I do so look forward to Jesus' appearing. This world is nice and beautiful, but it is badly marred by sin. There are appalling things done by people against other people. The number of narcissists and the level of selfishness has made community a disappointing ideal. People drive angry and live angry and comment angrily. And they even blame Christians for the fallen world, thinking that life without God would create some type of utopia. They are deluded by their own sin and hatred of God. They have ceased to be rational. They are easily swayed by emotional arguments. They only hear what their itching ears want to hear.

 

My day of departure could happen at any moment and could yet be 30-plus years away. These latter days (at least in my sense) are to continue in ministry, and continue to grow in my relationship with Jesus. I don't really know what today holds, but I can start it off speaking and listening to my Lord.

 

PONDER:

  1. Lord, what am I to be about today? What situations will you bring?
  2. Are we in love with God or the world?

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to be observant today. Help me to do the right thing. Lead me and guide me. Give me boldness and courage. Give me wisdom, constraint, and gentleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment