Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, June 27, 2024

QT 6/27/2024 Titus 2:15, Being willing to handle tough issues

Titus 2:15 (ESV) — Declare these things; exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you.

 

NOTE: Paul ends with three commands. The first is to declare. We are not to shrink back from teaching the whole counsel of God. Some things are not popular today to speak against, but God is clear on the sanctity of marriage and many other things which are disregarded today. We are not to force people to believe but we are to tell the truth. As for believers, we can exhort and rebuke with authority. We are still to love all men, but believers must be rebuked when they are in direct disobedience to God's word. Finally, Paul tells Titus that he should let no one disregard him. While there is nothing we can do about how one feels toward us, we can assume our authority and live in that authority whether others disregard us or not.

 

PONDER:

I'm not a confront-er by nature, but am I willing to call out another believer when they are in direct disobedience to God's Word?

 

PRAYER: Father, I prefer to teach and rebuke with gentleness and respect. But sometimes I shrink back from the encounter. Give me courage to teach and tell people things they may not want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment